Maybe I Don't Want To Be An Elite Athlete Anymore

Yesterday I announced I was to begin Insanity/The Asylum. Today I discovered The Asylum is not for humans.

Have I cried during a workout before? Right when you're ready to shut off the DVD (or pause it again, in my case), Shaun T says something along the lines of, "We're still in the warm up," or, "Now for the power round." Even the Marine behind him falters.

Did I mention I'm 40?

In other news, popular blogger Lisa Creech Bledsoe kindly solicited my advice on her crash from a boxing high. Read about it at her blog, The Glowing Edge, or at Women Talk Sports.

And while I shake my head at the thought that I, a once and still backward bookworm, am quoted on anything to do with athleticism, I also regret that I have the experience to qualify for an appearance on D-Mom Blog, for moms of children with diabetes. Read my interview from December here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Happening In My Head While Someone's Hitting It

What's Left

Getting Rid Of The Children's Pets, One Lonely Creature At A Time (The Video)