Up Against the Wall

To move a car you must push a wall.

According to trainer Lori Incledon, a great StrongWoman exercise to help you work up to moving cars is simply to push as hard as you can against a wall.

I tried this the other day and hurt myself. I'm always hurting myself, but when I do it trying something ridiculous I just want to give myself a good kick in the pants, which would hurt even more.

No one's going to move a wall. Well, maybe this guy could, but the rest of us would just be huffing and puffing. After trying to move a wall, though, a car is nothing. At least I assume so, but I haven't tried it yet, because I hurt myself. Remember?

This week I've got a bum knee, an inflamed bicep tendon, and a fickle lower back. I can't do much about any of these except hope they get better, because I'm like a schoolgirl in love when it comes to weightlifting. Maybe it's mixing metaphors to say it, but right now these injuries are my walls. They test my patience, endurance, and self-esteem. I worry that one day I'll have to face the fact that these particular walls are closing in on me, that I've reached my physical limits, and that weightlifting can only be for fun, not for sport. And that I need to convince Greg to let me go out for Figure. And learn to walk in heels.

Until then, I'll keep trying--to push walls, move cars, wear heels, all of the above. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Happening In My Head While Someone's Hitting It

Getting Rid Of The Children's Pets, One Lonely Creature At A Time (The Video)

What's Left